Featuring only the biggest hits, this outdoor concert is a studio favorite! Students have the opportunity to perform with a live band of professional musicians (electric bass, guitar, keyboard, drumset, background vocalists, and sometimes saxophone or violin), with top-of-the-line sound equipment, and stage lighting. Students sing lead vocals on one piece, and background vocals on two pieces, each. Guests can dance and sing along, enjoy some hot dogs hot-off-the-grill, and enjoy a beautiful spring evening at this, our most lively event of the year!
Opener/Headliner(s) TBA . . . last year, we featured opener, Alastair Scheuermann of “Great White Shore.” He performed songs from his new solo project, and it was fantastic! EM Vocal Studio is always the middle act – rocking with the full band of pro musicians, and background vocals from your EM Vocal Studio peers! And finally we’ll have our concert headliner. Last year we had the amazing Petty Plus! Petty Plus+ is twins Chris and Nick Petty on drums and guitar, respectively, with their sister Angie Petty on lead vocals. And the “plus” of it all is Kevin Judd on keys and Jake Bills on bass. I’m excited to announce our guest artist for this year!
- Date: Friday, May 17, 2019
- Time: 6:30-9:00pm
- Location: EM Vocal Studio (outdoor)
- Student Call-Time: 6:00pm
- Student Attire: Whatever you would wear if you were a professional pop/rock star! But keep it classy: no flip flops, no hoodies . . . blue jeans are probably not a good idea, though they might be appropriate if you’re singing country or rock. Put some thought into what you’ll wear, and how you do your hair (and make-up, if you are a person who wears make-up).
- Audience Attire: Anything you want!
- Recital Fee: $75
- Note: This is a backyard concert! Bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on. Hot dogs, chips, and sodas will be available for purchase. Guests should be prepared to give all of the energy they can to the performers. We want you dancing and singing along! Loud children and babies are totally welcome!